A Pakistani anti-terrorism court on Saturday adjourned for a week the trial of seven suspects, including Lashkar-e-Tayiba's operations chief Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, in connection with the terror attack on Mumbai.
The judge, conducting the trial within the high-security Adiala Jail in the garrison city of Rawalpindi, has imposed strict gag orders. However, sources said the hearing was again adjourned on Saturday for a week. But the reason for putting off the trial was not immediately known.
There was also no official word about the proceedings. Last week, no proceedings were held as the judge was on leave. Interior Minister Rehman Malik had earlier said that the suspects would be formally indicted at the September 26 hearing, which was, however, adjourned to October 3.
Pakistan's Federal Investigation Agency, which conducted the probe into the Pakistani links to the 26/11 attacks, has already submitted charge-sheets against all the accused.
Among the seven suspects are five LeT operatives Lakhvi, communications expert Zarar Shah, Abu al-Qama, Hamad Amin Sadiq and Shahid Jamil Riaz. They have been accused of providing training, financial support, accommodation, equipment and communications gear to the 10 terrorists who attacked Mumbai last year.
The two other suspects are Jamil Ahmed and Younas Anjum, but no details are available on charges against them.