Pakistani investigators have finally admitted to the role of the seven terrorists currently in detention in connection with the 26/11 terror attacks, saying there is substantial evidence to prove their involvement.
In a report tabled before an anti-terrorism court, Pakistani investigators said there is "sufficient incriminating evidence" against the arrested terrorist, including Lashkar-e-Taiba's operations chief Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi.
They also backed the statement of Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone surviving Mumbai gunman.
"There is sufficient incriminating evidence on record against those arrested for orchestrating the Mumbai attacks," the report stated.
The report, a copy of which was accessed by the Dawn news channel, also said that almost all the attackers and the arrested extremists belonged to the LeT, and that the November 2008 attacks were masterminded by Lakhvi.
"The accused in active connivance of one another planned, trained, aided, abetted and made preparations to carry out deadly terror attacks in Mumbai on November 26 to 28, 2008, through their co-accused, causing the murder of 166 innocent persons and injury to 304 persons, besides destruction of property in crores of rupees," the 61-page report added.
However, there was no mention of Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, whom India considers as the main conspirator of the attacks.
It may be noted that the Pakistan government, on November 25, reframed charges on all seven accused, naming Lakhvi as the mastermind of the terror attacks. It took the Pakistan 364 days after the horrendous attack that rocked Mumbai on 26th November 2008, but the charges clearly appeared to be safeguarding Saeed.
The special anti-terror court set-up in Rawalpindi's Adial jail had earlier rejected the 'not guilty' plea of the seven accused.
Seven LeT operatives, including Lakhvi, communications expert Zarar Shah, Abu al-Qama, Hamad Amin Sadiq and Shahid Jamil Riaz, are being tried by the anti-terrorism court.
They have been accused of providing training, financial support, accommodation, equipment and communications gear to the 10 terrorists who attacked Mumbai. Two other suspects -- Jamil Ahmed and Younas Anjum Jamil -- have been accused of obtaining a SIM card of Thuraya satellite phone service from Jeddah and giving it to the attackers. Jamil is said to head JuD's activities in Multan.