rediff.com

NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp

Available on  

Rediff News  All News 
Rediff.com  » News » Arrest warrant issued against Baloch man for 26/11 attacks

Arrest warrant issued against Baloch man for 26/11 attacks

June 06, 2009 16:26 IST

A  Pakistani anti-terrorism court has issued an arrest warrant against a man from Balochistan, for supplying a boat used by the terrorists, who attacked Mumbai on July 26 last year.

The anti-terror court of Justice Muhammad Akram Awan on Friday issued a warrant for the arrest of Muhammad Khan, a resident of Turbat in Balochistan province, for providing the boat used by terrorists to travel to Mumbai.

The warrant was issued on a request from the Federal Investigation Agency, which is probing the role of Pakistanis in the Mumbai attacks. An FIA inspector told the court that Khan was wanted by the agency for questioning.

In February, Interior Minister Rehman Malik had said the attackers traveled from Karachi to Mumbai in a boat hired from Balochistan.

Meanwhile, the trial of the five Lashkar-e-Tayiba operatives Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, Zarar Shah, Abu al Qama, Shahid Jamil Riaz and Hamad Amin Sadiq was today adjourned by Justice Awan till June 20.

Rezaul H Laskar in Islamabad