China denies funerals for soldiers killed in GalwanJuly 14, 2020 09:03
It seems China is not willing to recognise the ultimate sacrifice made by its soldiers for the country as the government is pressuring the families of soldiers who died in Galwan face-off to not conduct burials and in-person funeral ceremonies, according to a United States intelligence assessment.
The bloody brawl between Chinese and Indian troops took place on June 15 in which both sides suffered casualties.
India said that 20 of its soldiers have been martyred in the clash.
Even after the one month of the incident, China has still not disclosed how many of its soldiers were killed in the incident.
The grieving Chinese families who have lost their loved ones in the clash are being mistreated by the Chinese government.
First, the Chinese government refused to accept the casualties on its side following the incident and now it has denied burial of the fallen soldiers.
According to the US intelligence assessment, China is not accepting that its soldiers have been killed in the showdown in order to cover up an episode that Beijing appears to consider a blunder, reported the US News.
The violent face-off occurred after China attempted to unilaterally change the status quo during de-escalation in eastern Ladakh.
India has said that the situation could have been avoided if the agreement at the higher level been scrupulously followed by the Chinese side.
The Chinese government has acknowledged the deaths of only a few officers so far.
American intelligence believes that 35 of the Chinese soldiers were killed in the clash. -- ANI