- I am happy to be in Gujarat to personally convey new year greetings. This programme may be for a ferry between Ghogha and Dahej but this programme is of vital importance for the entire nation.
- Ferry service is a first of sorts. Its a dream come true for people of Gujarat.
- I am also here with regard to a project in dairy sector, a sector to which we have given immense importance over the last two decades.
- I urge people to explore opportunities in animal husbandry.
- The history of human civilisation illustrates the vitality of rivers and maritime trade. Gujarat is the land of Lothal. How can we forget these aspects of our history.
- This programme is to bring back to life our glorious past, connect Saurashtra and South Gujarat.
- Imagine how much time and petrol this ferry service will save. This ferry service connects Saurashtra and South Gujarat...people from these regions frequently travel to and fro.
- When I was serving as CM, I faced hostility from the then Central Government. Efforts were made to stall industries and the state's growth.
- Over the last three years we have changed that and given importance to the development of Gujarat.
- Gujarat is blessed with a long coastline and we should harness opportunities arising due to this. We took steps in developing coastal infrastructure.
- This ferry service will not be restricted to this one route. We are planning to link other places also through ferries.
Photograph and matter: Kind courtesy @PMOIndia/Twitter
Police on Friday used tear gas to disperse Haryana farmers heading towards Khanauri on Punjab's border with the state where farmers, mostly from Punjab, have been camping since last week after their 'Delhi Chalo' march was halted by...