Security will be tightened ahead of next week's Chennai Open ATP tennis tournament following the terror attacks in Mumbai, a tournament official said on Monday.
Independent security consultant Reg Dickason will inspect the venue for the January 5-11 event and the players will receive a briefing.
"In the wake of the Mumbai events and the various travel advisories put out by countries, one is being careful in terms of security," the official, who did not wish to be identified, said.
Security concerns have heightened following last month's three-day siege in Mumbai which killed 179 people.
England's cricket team suspended their tour following the attacks but returned after they were given tight security, including commando protection, and the Test matches were shifted out of the original venues.
Russian world number five Nikolay Davydenko heads the field in the US $450,000 event that also features Spain's former number one Carlos Moya, a previous winner in Chennai.