The Goa police on Wednesday claimed that there was enough proof against the two Sanatan Sanstha activists, who died in the Margao blast, to indicate their involvement in the explosion.
Margao police station in-charge has filed a First Information Report against Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik, because there was enough proof against them linking them to the blast, Superintendent of Police Atmaram Deshpande told reporters.
Deshpande's statement came hours after Sanatan Sanstha claimed mental torture by the police investigating the blast case. The organisation also said that both their activists had been murdered by planting bombs in their scooter.
"We have named both (Sanatan activists) as an accused in the case. As per the findings of the Margao police station in-charge, they were involved and hence their names have come up," the SP said.
He said the October 16 blast will be investigated from all angles. Reacting to the allegations of torture, Deshpande said since the accused are linked to Sanatan Sanstha, the organisation cannot be left out of the probe process.
Though arrests have not been made even after 12 days of the incident, it does not mean that the investigation is not proceeding, he said.
"Arrest is not the measure of success. We may arrest people later," he added.