The Goa police on Wednesday claimed that right-wing Hindu group Sanatana Sanstha was not responsible for the scooter blast in Margao on October 16.
The state police had earlier said that the two key accused in the case -- Malganda Patil and Yogesh Naik -- had links with the Sanstha.
"Nowhere have we said that the organisation Sanatan Sanstha is involved. We just said that the persons who were suspected of carrying out the attack have links with Sanatan Sanstha," said Atmaram Deshpande, superintendent of police, Crime Investigating Department.
Earlier, state Home Minister Ravi Naik stated that Sanathan Sanstha worker Malganda Patil planned and executed Friday's blast near a church in Margao.
"Two persons, Malganda Patil and Yogesh Naik, are involved. Patil works as an administrator with the Sanathan Sanstha. He has planned and executed the blast. He planted the bomb in the scooter and thus two people were injured," Naik had said.
The Sanstha, on its part, had denied the statement made by Naik, saying the entire allegation was a conspiracy.
Sanstha's spokesperson Abhay Vartak had said, "The accusation that we are involved in the blast is a rumour. It is a conspiracy. There have been no arrests and no incriminating material has been found."