Unhappy over Pakistan's repeated claim about lack of evidence to prosecute Jamaat-ud Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed [ Images ], India [ Images ] on Wednesday said it should not ask any more questions as enough proof has been provided in the dossiers on Mumbai [ Images ] attacks.
"They should not ask any more questions. Everything is contained in the dossier," Home Minister P Chidambaram [ Images ] told reporters in New Delhi [ Images ] when asked to comment on Pakistan's claim that it does not have evidence to prosecute Saeed, whom India has identified as the prime accused in the terror attack on Mumbai last year.
"It has been a little tiresome," he said while referring to Pakistan's repeated claim that it does not have sufficient proof to prosecute Saeed and it has been seeking further evidence from India.
Chidambaram said Pakistan has "enough evidence to prosecute the perpetrators... They should get on with their job."
Pakistan's Interior Minister Rahman Malik had said in an interview on Tuesday, "We do not have any proof against Hafiz Saeed. We have demanded and we are demanding from India that if you have proof, give (it to) us, but do not do propaganda."
Contending that Pakistan cannot arrest its citizens on the basis of 'hearsay', Malik had said, "If New Delhi wants some credible action, it needs to provide substantial evidence".