India [ Images ] will seek the extradition of US terror suspect David Headley [ Images ] from America after a chargesheet is filed against him in a court for his involvement in last year's Mumbai [ Images ] attacks.
Union Home Secretary G K Pillai said the investigation with regard to Headley, who had allegedly conducted recce and made videos of 26/11 targets before passing them to the Lashkar-e-Tayiba [ Images ] attackers, was being done by the National Investigation Agency.
"When our investigation is complete, we will file a chargesheet in an Indian court. After filing the chargesheet, we will take a warrant of arrest. After getting the warrant of arrest, we will approach America (for extradition)," he told journalists on way to Darjeeling on Sunday.
Headley, a 49-year-old American-Pakistani, has been in custody in the US since October 3 for plotting terror attacks. His accomplice Canadian-Pakistani Tahawwur Rana [ Images ] was subsequently arrested by the FBI.Pillai is in Darjeeling to participate the tripartite talks among the Centre, West Bengal [ Images ] government and the Gorkha Janmukti Morch on the Gorkhaland issue.