Two employees of a drug manufacturing company in Indore were killed and six others became ill after inhaling poisonous gas leaked from the production unit.
The incident took place at Rinilife Science Private Ltd in the city's industrial area on Sanver Road late on Saturday night, the police said, adding that the gas leaked in the production unit of the company.
The deceased were identified as Subhash Pal, 28, and Dinesh Borana, 30, the police said today. The two workers died on the spot.
Six other employees of the company have been affected. All of them have been admitted to a nearby hospital, and four are in a critical condition, the police said. Senior police officers have reached the spot and investigation into the incident is going on.