Two suspected Lashker-e-Tayiba militants, allegedly involved in the serial bomb blasts that rocked the city last year, were today remanded to 14-days police custody by a local court in Bengaluru.
The police said the two were produced before a magistrate on Friday night soon after they were brought here and also this morning.
The two, T Naseer and Shamas, were arrested along the Indo-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya and subsequently handed over by the Bangladesh Rifles to the Border Security Force on Wednesday. They were in Meghalaya police custody since then.
Naseer is the prime accused in the 2008 July bomb blasts that left one woman dead and 20 others injured and Shamas is also one of the accused.
The police said a senior police official of inspector general rank from Kannur in Kerala is arriving here to assist the police in the questioning the duo, who speak Malayalam, Urdu and Hindi.