The dossier, comprising a seven-page summary and 60 pages of annexures, was handed over by T C A Raghavan, Joint Secretary (Pakistan) in the External Affairs Ministry, to Pakistan's Deputy High Commissioner Rifat Masood when she was called to the MEA.
The material contains "detailed information" about the investigation and legal evidence regarding the 26/11 attacks carried out by Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Tayiba [ Images ] outfit, sources said.
The dossier, fourth one to be handed over to Pakistan, is comprehensive and covers all points raised by Pakistan and should be enough for it to take the prosecution to its logical end, they said.
In its 34-page dossier given to India on July 11, Pakistan had sought the authenticated interrogation reports of two Indian terrorists Fahim Ansari and Sabahuddin held in connection with the terror attack.
Pakistan had also sought the attested copies of examination reports given by experts on the GPS and Voice over Internet Protocol used during the Mumbai attacks. India had already provided details of the conversations and exchanges between the 10 terrorists who struck in Mumbai and their handlers in Pakistan.
However, Islamabad had contended there were some inconsistencies in these. Pakistan had also some questions regarding the legal process underway in Mumbai and these have been answered, the sources said.
"On July 11, Pakistan had provided to us a dossier providing an update on investigations in Pakistan into the terrorist attack in Mumbai. A request had been made in it for further evidence. A detailed dossier of evidence has been provided today to the Pakistan High Commission," the External Affairs Ministry said in a statement.
Earlier, Home Minister P Chidambaram [ Images ] said the questions raised by Pakistan were "routine. I may say fill in the blanks kind of questions."
He said Pakistan had asked for "information which is already there and asked for answers to questions which can easily be found if someone has read the CrPC. Nevertheless, I have taken the trouble of dictating the response."
Chidambaram also said that enough evidence has been given to Pakistan to probe against chief of banned organisation Jammat-ud-Dawaah Hafiz Saeed [ Images ], whom India identifies as the prime accused in the Mumbai terror attacks [ Images ].