Debunking reports that some sponsors and partners are thinking of pulling out of the high-profile Indian Premier League, its chairman, Lalit Modi, said not only are all of them firmly on board but many others are waiting to jump on to the Twenty20 bandwagon.
"I want to make it amply clear that all our sponsors and partners are still on board. They have all paid as per the schedule. In fact, a lot of other sponsors have approached us and are willing to pay more than our existing ones," said Modi, at a hastily-arranged media conference in Mumbai on Friday.
He also hailed the Supreme Court's decision to reschedule elections to the faction-ridden Rajasthan Cricket Association, headed by him, from February 22 to March 1, under the unamended constitution as a vindication of his stand.
The apex court said the elections will be held under the unamended constitution of the RCA as per its directions given on February 11, 2005.
Reacting to this development, Modi said, "My stand gets vindicated. All the illegalities done by the other group by changing the constitution have been set aside by the Supreme Court. I'm extremely happy."
He said Kunal Dasgupta's resignation as CEO of Sony Corporation, IPL's broadcast partner, will not affect the conduct of the Twenty20 event scheduled for April-May.
"It's an internal matter of Sony Corporation. He (Kunal Dasgupta) is a personal friend of mine. He was deeply involved in developing the IPL concept. But the organisation, whether it's Sony or IPL, is bigger than any individual. There's no question of Sony pulling out," said Modi, who is also a vice-president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
He also rubbished reports that title sponsors DLF have paid and will pay only 50 per cent of what they had agreed upon in a five-year deal worth Rs 200 crore.
"All these are mere speculations and none of our sponsors want to leave us. All of them have also paid us what they have to pay so far. We have had offers from many more at multiple prices for some of the properties," he added.