rediff.com

NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp

Available on  

Rediff News  All News 
Rediff.com  » Sports » Tendulkar left numb by Mumbai attacks

Tendulkar left numb by Mumbai attacks

December 03, 2008 11:15 IST

India batting stalwart Sachin Tendulkar said images of the militant attacks in Mumbai last week has "left him numb and saddened."

India beat England in the day-night fifth one-dayer in Cuttack on Wednesday when Islamist militants went on a three-day rampage in Mumbai, killing 183 people.

"Right after the match, we got to know of the attack and since then I have been disturbed," the record-breaking batsman told Star News channel.

"I have been tracking the horrific images of mayhem on television. It saddened me to see my countrymen being targeted," Mumbai's favourite son and Test cricket's highest run-getter and century maker added.

"I couldn't sleep all this time. I am numb, the images keep playing in my head. This was just not an attack on Mumbai, it is an attack on India."

The last two one-day matches were cancelled because of security concerns as the tourists returned home but appear set to return for the two-Test series starting on December 11.

Source:
© Copyright 2013 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.